“List of things I appreciate about Matt Barwick:
1. He is an excellent and kind human
2. He has an excellent sense of humour
3. He’s an excellent documentary wedding film maker
4. At your wedding, he seamlessly merges into your day like he’s been there all your life.
5. While filming at a wedding, I’ve never heard him say to clients, “could you just do that again for me?”
6. His film work is real – as real as you are.
7. His vision, communication, & editing skillz are awesome, current, relevant, and purposeful..
8. He seriously is at the top of Todd’s “recommended wedding film makers” List, because his work is amazing, he’s a great person to be around, and his style/approach to weddings gels really nicely with my style as a photographer..”
Todd Hunter McGaw
“We recommend Matt to our clients as one of the best in the South East Queensland region. Besides being a wonderful person and a gifted videographer he is an absolute professional in the lead up and on the wedding day and works tirelessly to capture those sweet, candid, special moments. He creates a finished product that is tear-jerking, goose-bump-raising and a perfect representation of the most memorable day of a couple’s life.”
~ Danielle from white+white
“When our wedding families want a lifetime memory that is exquisitely recorded we recommend video.
Matt Barwick Films is a master in the production of sensitive heartfelt films of such beauty…
that they sometimes leave us…
speechless, watery-eyed or holding our sides.
Thank you Matt for 10 years of the most amazing memories at Deux Belettes”
Sharon and Ross from Deux Belettes Country Guesthouse
“I`ve known Matt for over 10 years. He is talented and dedicated, no question.
But what I value most in him and what I see in all his film work, is his disarming humbleness and easy friendliness – you`re just drawn in to being your best self – and his genuine interest and love of people and their unique story.
He tells your story like he has known you your whole life. It`s a rare and wonderful gift to receive.”
~ Justin from Bushturkey Studio
“I have been lucky enough to work with Matt on many occasions at weddings over the last 9 years.. Matt has an eye for those special moments that you can never get back and maybe that one photo will never quite really explain- the words, the expressions, the fun, the excitement all captured. From tears of happiness, to the giggles and the fun, your wedding vows to the speeches, these are the moments that I know my couples look back over and again to relive as one of the best days in their life.
Having my own wedding caught on film 10 years ago, six months after our wedding I almost lost my husband to a major heart operation. The first thing that came to mind was how lucky I was to have him on film, his speech was priceless and I knew that if I lost him it would be the only visual I could show our then 18 month old daughter as she grew up.
If I was to say there was one element that is worth every cent you spend on your wedding day it would be having Matt Barwick capture your day and love on film.
I promise you, you will never regret it.”
~ Michelle Shannon Byron Bay Wedding Celebrant